Sunday, March 13, 2005

Poncho






This is a poncho I designed myself. Pretty basic, but from this pattern on I altered and made my own Ponchos! A little warning if you want to do this poncho you might use different decreases then I did plus do less decreases. As you can probably see in the pictures my decreases are very much visible, which is the way I intended it to be!

Material:
100g "Cara Print" from Lana Grossa
150g "Cara" from Lana Grossa
[I still have some left-over yarn, so if you use another yarn you might need less]
Size 9mm(Us 13) circular needles and DPNS

Gauge:
8 stitches and 14 rows are 10cm X 10cm in stockinette

directions:

Cast in 95sts.
Work 4 rows in Garter stitch.
Knit next 7 rows.
dec 5 next row.
Knit 3 rows.
Change color and knit 3 rows.
dec 5 next row.
knit 11 rows.
Change color and knit 5 rows.
dec 5 next row.
knit 4 rows.
dec 5 next row.
knit 4 rows
dec 5 next row.
Change color and knit 5 rows
dec 5 next row
knit 3 rows
dec 5 next row.
knit 1 row
dec 5 next row.
knit 1 row.
dec 5 next row.
knit 1 row.
Change color and knit 2 rows.
dec 5 next row.
Knit 1 row
dec 5 next row.
knit 1 row.
dec 5 next row.
knit 2 rows
dec 5 next row.
knit 2 rows and bind of.

EDIT: Since several people(sorry, I'm so late) have now asked what kind of decrease I used, here's what I did:
I used k2tog(knit two stitches together). I spaced them in such a way over the rows, that the decreases where above one another forming that dart like thing you can see in the pic. Hope that helps! If not feel free to ask again.


pdf-file of this pattern


Original pattern and photographs © 2005 Janin Den.
You have the permission to reproduce, sell and distribute this pattern in any form!
Hey, it’s so basic, anyway.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey~^_____^ i just recently started to learn and knit. Im still on the basics and i want to further and go into more creative projects. i came upon this site and i just love that poncho you made!!! (its so beautiful). since im fairly new to the abv. i looked up the "dec." and there are several types of them, and i was wondering if you could tell me what type of decrease you used on this particular poncho~^_____^;;

thanks a lot...^___^ you can e-mail me at :
babuhwang@aol.com
thanks again!!!!
-gina

5:29 AM, August 09, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

please please do let us know what kind of decrease you used-- can you post it here?
thank you!
laura

8:50 AM, November 27, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this site is the best!!! ^_^

6:28 PM, January 02, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what is gauge?? plz answer cause i'm like a beginner thankz

7:47 PM, March 05, 2006  
Blogger javede said...

The gauge tells you the number of stitches and rows per 10 cm.
You shoul always make a gauge swatch before you start a new project to determine which needle size to use or if you have to recalculate the stitches in the pattern.
For more info see this article from knitty:
http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEspring03/FEATswatchout.html

10:24 PM, March 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello there... whats up, dawg??

8:56 PM, November 29, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi,

i love ur site. it is like the best site for beginners! can u please tell me what gauge is???

4:30 AM, December 27, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Germany
Mail me
My Wist list!
30 things about me
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called knitlady. Make your own badge here.



Powered by Blogger