Monday, May 01, 2006

Lace ladder socks


Size: given with my size(EU 40), but can be modified for bigger or smaller feet(see bottom).
Materials: 4-ply sock yarn, DPNS and a needle(for weaving in ends)
gauge: well, whatever sock yarn has(never made a swatch, sorry)

Please Note: This is not a tutorial on how to knit socks(see here for a great tutorial) So I won't give directions on the heel etc.

Stitches used:
~stockinette
~2X2 Rib:
1.Round: *K2,P2*
~Lace ribbing:
1.Round: *P2, sl1, k1, psso, YO, K1 tbl, YO, K2tog, P2*
2.Round: *P2, K5, P2*

Directions: CO 60sts and divide the sts evenly on the needle.

Cuff: Work in 2X2 Rib for 10 rows.
Continue in Lace ribbing, begin with Round 1 and decrease 6 stitches evenly(Instead of P2 at the beg I did P2tog, P1).

Heel: Work Heel over half the stitches, you may want to increase 6 sts before working the heel(I forgot to do it)

After the heel: Work in stockinette and don't forget the gusset shaping if you need it

Toe: Work the toe as you always do.

Fini!!

Sizing: The lace pattern used is a repeat of 9 stitches, so normally if you wanted to make a bigger/smaller sock you would add or substract 9 stitches. But that might be too much. In that case, you could just P3 instead of P4. If you need any help feel free to contact me!

1 Comments:

Blogger tantichantique said...

Wow!
are you a professional crocheter/knitter? Do you own a boutique of your beautiful creations?
cool! I am impressed!

11:23 AM, May 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Germany
Mail me
My Wist list!
30 things about me
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called knitlady. Make your own badge here.



Powered by Blogger