Monday, May 01, 2006

Lace ladder socks

Size: given with my size(EU 40), but can be modified for bigger or smaller feet(see bottom).
Materials: 4-ply sock yarn, DPNS and a needle(for weaving in ends)
gauge: well, whatever sock yarn has(never made a swatch, sorry)

Please Note: This is not a tutorial on how to knit socks(see here for a great tutorial) So I won't give directions on the heel etc.

Stitches used:
~2X2 Rib:
1.Round: *K2,P2*
~Lace ribbing:
1.Round: *P2, sl1, k1, psso, YO, K1 tbl, YO, K2tog, P2*
2.Round: *P2, K5, P2*

Directions: CO 60sts and divide the sts evenly on the needle.

Cuff: Work in 2X2 Rib for 10 rows.
Continue in Lace ribbing, begin with Round 1 and decrease 6 stitches evenly(Instead of P2 at the beg I did P2tog, P1).

Heel: Work Heel over half the stitches, you may want to increase 6 sts before working the heel(I forgot to do it)

After the heel: Work in stockinette and don't forget the gusset shaping if you need it

Toe: Work the toe as you always do.


Sizing: The lace pattern used is a repeat of 9 stitches, so normally if you wanted to make a bigger/smaller sock you would add or substract 9 stitches. But that might be too much. In that case, you could just P3 instead of P4. If you need any help feel free to contact me!


Blogger tantichantique said...

are you a professional crocheter/knitter? Do you own a boutique of your beautiful creations?
cool! I am impressed!

11:23 AM, May 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Location: Germany
Mail me
My Wist list!
30 things about me
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called knitlady. Make your own badge here.

Powered by Blogger