Friday, March 16, 2007

looking back

Sorry about yesterdays post, I was in a pretty bad mood for no reason anyway when he turned up his music.
Today my mood is a lot better. I've been flipping through some old photo albums including the really old ones like my parents wedding album. It's hard to believe that my mum had been married for over 3 years at my age! She rented her own apartement(with her best friend+ next door to said friends parents though as she likes to point out) and had a real job at the age of 16. And from the stories she occasionally tells me has been quite the party girl including tales that make you wonder how she managed not to get into trouble or hurt. I mean do biker bar or hanging around the central train station sound safe to you? What about someone put something into my drink, but my best friend safed me?!!
I realized that I'm very different from that girl and actually my mum is now very different from that girl too. She herself can't really understand what's so cool about hanging out at the central train station and just recently said she was a lot more stupid back then.
Why was I never like that? Really, I never felt the need to go out every weekend. Or to drink much at a young age. Like I said in my 30 things about me I was probably the last in my class to have had a real drink or get wasted; I was 18 or 19 I think(within the legal drinking age!). I've never tried any drugs not even pot -which is much more common around teenagers than their parents probably realize, atleast here- though quite a number of fellow students and friends did.
Maybe it is because of the way I have been brought up cause my brother still hasn't drunk any kind of alcohol(his 18th birthday is coming up). There were never any strict rules on curfews, places we could or could not go or friends we should or shouldn't have etc. There also never really were any needs for those. I also ,despise some teenager rebellion, always talked with my mum about almost everything. She knew that some kids at school smoked pot, but was confident that I wouldn't when I told her I didn't. Maybe that is it, the trust she put in me to know better, which I didn't wanted to betray.

Ok, enough of the babble. I originally started this post to show you some photos from the old albums, but without a scanner I had to take photos of the photos and the flash messed up with it. Back to crafting in the next post!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel any better, I never rebelled in the drinking and drugs way either when I was young. I just never saw the point. I was happy enough as I was and didn't need all that other stuff to make me happy. For me, I think it had more to do with my own personality than my upbringing. My sister and brother were both very different than me as teenagers and they rebelled a lot.

--Your SP

3:37 PM, March 16, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

I had very similar "rules" (or lack therof) when I was growing up, and I also never did any drugs or drank alcohol before I was legal. I also never smoked.

For some kids I think they just have the sense not to do that stuff, or they don't have any desire to do it. For others it isn't quite as easy.

2:32 AM, March 17, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Germany
Mail me
My Wist list!
30 things about me
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called knitlady. Make your own badge here.



Powered by Blogger