Saturday, March 17, 2007

Back to craf...crochet

Yes, you read right! The most I've done lately that I can actually show you is my crochet projects. The things I knit are all swap stuff so I can't post them yet. As for the perfect dress I copied the pattern unto tracing paper, but haven't had the time yet to cut the fabric.

Remember the little cupcake purse I crochet? Well the only way to go from there was to crochet a bigger cupcake purse! I increased more in the bottom part which is a lot more difficult than it sounds. I always have a hard time creating a circle and not an hexagon or octagon. The ruffles are also a bit bigger. I might even line this purse to use as a sock bag...


The other project I can show you is my ripple blanket. It has grown quite a lot and more yarn had to be brought for it, but it was all sale yarn under 2€ per ball. I love how it turned out so far! I did not think about any kind of color scheme, instead I just looked if the new color matched the previous two colors. The only problem now? I only have one ball left I haven't used yet, so if you have anything in your stash you don't need anymore(partial balls with more than half still there might be ok too) mail me and we can swap for it. The content of the yarn or color doesn't matter at all, but it should be yarn that would knit up between 20-25 stitches though.
Yans I used so far:
-Schachenmayr "Torino"; 100% superwash wool; 150m/50g; 22sts=10cm
- Debbie Bliss "wool/cotton"; 50% merino wool, 50% cotton; 115m/50g; 25 sts
-Rellana "Top Plus"; 50% cotton, 50%Polyacryl; 135m/50g; 22sts
-Schachenmayr "Merino"; 100% wool; 160m/50g; 24 sts
-Lana Grossa "Numero Uno"; 100% superwash wool; 125m/50g; 22sts
-Knitpicks "ShineSport"; 60%cotton, 40% modal; 110yards/50g; 24 sts
The colors are a bit different in the photo, unfortunately we have gone from wonderfully sunny days to rain and storm today.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Germany
Mail me
My Wist list!
30 things about me
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called knitlady. Make your own badge here.



Powered by Blogger