Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Ready again!

Yesterday was just too much for me. Not only did the knitted top not fit at all, also my sewed top was much to wide! I think I have a top issue ;-)
But I'm feeling better today and ready to take the challenge given to me!
As for the sewed one, I'm going to sew it in the smallest size the pattern gives and then add a zipper. By the way, the pattern is from NewLook number 6326.
I maybe could have foreseen the problem, cause how should it work otherwise? If your using unstretchy fabric (like the pattern suggests!), it must be cut wider. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to put it on!
This may look ok, when your making the version with the sleeves, but as a top?!!!

And I began to knit the sommertop again after I frogged it...
I now have 24 stitches less on the needles, hope that will be enough!

I also tried to felt the Rekal-yarn and it works perfect! Too bad I have only approx. 300 yard of it. That maybe enough for the sophie but not for a much bigger purse.

Then I also went to a fabric store today to get a magazin for someone else... Couldn't help and brought some gorgeous fabric for my cousins dress. I'll maybe getting the same in blue for me and sew myself a skirt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Germany
Mail me
My Wist list!
30 things about me
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called knitlady. Make your own badge here.



Powered by Blogger