Sunday, July 02, 2006

long story(or stories?)

First story~the exam
First of all, I'm freaking a bit right this very minute! I have a big exam thing tomorrow:Physics!
I mean I'm good at it and have always been(won a price when graduating from high school!) and really what we did in those two semesters was basically everything I learned in high school, just a tad bit more complex. But now I'm thinking, I probably haven't learned enough, which I really haven't! I signed up and met the prof a month ago(individual exam dates as they are all verbal talking exams, no more written ones for me!) and then...
...did virtually nothing! For a whole freaking week! Then I read the second semester script within a total of three hours(while commuting!) and wrote down some notes. A few...ok, mostly it were just a few sentences per page, like what it's about and the formulas that are used...
Real learning only began this week! Yes, you heard right, THIS WEEK!
I really could kick myself! I'm normally a good learner and am quite quick at it too, but my weak point is relearning stuff I learned before. I read through it with that I-already-know-it-all-feeling, even if it's not 100% true. I just get bored, which is why I should start earlier, so I can take time in between off...
Yeah, we'll see how it goes tomorrow. Don't have the time to spell chack this, so I'm not ging to post it now...
EDIT(without editing any spelling mistakes) 8 hours after the exam: OH MY GOD DID I SUCK!!! First of all, don't worry I passed the exam and my mark doesn't really matter, but god did I suck! I had a total blackout 5 minutes within the exam and couldn't remember the most simple things! Really, the questions the prof asked were soooo easy even without learning(which I did) I should have been able to answer them! Like "what oscillate at em waves?", "what other forces do you know?(had already spoken about weight force)" and "does the weight force change with the height?"...
Hope the next exams(in september/october) will go better. Oh yeah, got a 4+ for it, so I barely passed...

Second story~Attending the FIFA Fan-Fest
My friend and a friend of her's, who is a medical student and works as an paramedic, picked me up and we headed into town. We just barely made it before they closed the gates as there were too many people already(we probably would have gotten through anyway as my friend worked at the VIP thing before and could have gotten us passes to enter). It was a sunshiny, cloud-free day and we headed for a beer(yes, I know that's cliche, but oh so true). It was 1.5 hours before kick-off and we were still waiting for my friends brother and his girlfriend. Anyway, fast forward to the kick of and us at the back of the "arena" right in front of the barier with the cops in full armour behind us(they look rather intimidating if you ask me, all in black with helmets and stuff). We had a lot of fun cheering and hooting when the second half of the first half of the game came and I suddenly felt a bit funny...
...I turned around to my friend to ask her if we could get out for a second, so I could sit down somewhere, when suddenly the world turned monochrome! You know what I mean, black and white with a hint of grey. The next moments were a bit blurry(and quite dark) and thanks that we had a paramedic with us who had worked at the FanFest the previous week. Thanks also for avoiding to go into the crowd and staying in the back. A double thanks to the nice police man who said nice words to me and gave me a bottle of water...
...I was ok after a couple of minutes lieing on the ground with my paramedic holding up my legs(such a cutie btw...). I did go to the medical tent, but after the first half of the match ended could already walk out and imidiately got me some fries. I was also able to meet again with my friends and watch the second half without any more complications, apart from almost being jumped upon(after the goal) and numerous amounts of beer landing on my clothes(good I wore old clothes!). It was fun and the rest of the day was spend partying with only a bit of drinking for me.

Third story~farewell
No, not me, but my best friend. She's going to study for a semester on the other side of the globe, also known as australia! She's flying today and we hadn't really had any time to say farewell! She was busy working to get money to support her there and I was busy studying etc. In the end we have only met once in the last two weeks which was last friday for the game. And in the end that stupid learning didn't even paid off cause I lost my nerves! It just sucks...
...on a brighter note, she promised to check out some yarn stores for me once she has settled down and will send me some things! Not that that compensates for her absence, but atleast we can email each other.

Knitting in the next post(I know, I keep saying this, but this time it's true!*crosses fingers behind*)

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger AmyP said...

Wow! You don't do things by halves, do you! I hope (as do a lot of other English people) that Germany at least get to final, if not win.

11:05 AM, July 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Germany
Mail me
My Wist list!
30 things about me
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called knitlady. Make your own badge here.



Powered by Blogger