Friday, June 16, 2006

KWC(Edit pics!), sewing, secret projects and of course future projects!

I scored! Yes, right, my Knitting World Cup team made it! It's finished and now blocking.
Project specs:
Pattern: from Schachenmayr Inspiration mag No. 85, mod 5891
Yarn: Schachenmayr Avior in 81
Needles: 4mm
Size: 34/36
No alternations made

(I know, bad mirror pics, even a better camera doesn't help then)
Fits great, don't you think? I may sew down the neck, but let's just see if I really need to do it.

I've been searching for a nice dress since last month, but wasn't very lucky. Sometimes it didn't fit, you couldn't wear a bra with it, the color was ugly or it was too expensive. What's a girl to do? Sew a dress of course!
So after a little search through my 20+ sewing mags(honestly, for someone barely sewing anything else then skirts and bags, that's a bit much!) and found a pattern I like in a Burda mag(burda easy fashion F/S 2006, Mod 6). Since I have never sewed a dress before and wasn't sure about the size and fit, I sewed a "test" dress out of some fabric I brought at a fleamarket. I didn't really liked the fabric first and it was just a test piece, right?
(ignore facial expression, this was the 10+ try of my mum taking a photo...)
I didn't had stabilizer for the front, so though you can't see it in this pic, it wrinkles a bit. But I bet people won't notice at all due to the black color. I've already worn it once and was glad I wore it over some pants cause it was windy! Thinking about adding some kind of button halfway so I can wear it alone. How come my test pieces never just end up as tests?
I already brought fabric for the next one!

Which leads for no reason at all to my secret projects. I guess in the next few weeks you won't be seeing much actual knitting photos on this blog except for maybe the mystery shawl 2(yes, I signed up!) and socks.

I've got two secret projects at the moment and can't show any pics. One is a lace shawl and the other is a self-designed sweater, that much I think I can tell you.
Here are some swatches I made. I really like the idea of a beaded hat or wrist warmer, but thought first to test beaded knitting. It's ok, but I don't think I'll prestring the beads.The other swatches I made is out of some 100% cotton, which at the price of 1,75€ is pretty soft. I'm thinking about making a tank for me out of it in the leave pattern(top of swatch).


Also planing on knitting Angelina from White Lies Designs(now available at getknitted). Only need to find a suitable yarn, wait till next months money and ask my dad if I can use his mastercard ;-)

2 Comments:

Blogger Batty said...

Oh, that dress is lovely! It fits you perfectly, and the pattern isn't over the top flowery.

Angelina is such a beautiful pattern. I've been drooling over it for some time now, and when I'm done with my birthday and Christmas knitting, I may treat myself. I'll be coming back to look at your progress!

2:15 PM, June 18, 2006  
Blogger PURLPOWER said...

Great work on the dress, I love the new fabric too, it is very missoni like....I'm sure it will look gorgeous on you. Wish I could sew things properly.....sigh

9:16 PM, June 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Germany
Mail me
My Wist list!
30 things about me
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called knitlady. Make your own badge here.



Powered by Blogger