Friday, April 22, 2005

Finished, but....

I completed my Lace Shawl! It only took me 2 weeks of continous knitting.
Yes, I'm addicted! As you can see on the bloging pic and the other one it looks gorgeous...

While my mum phoned with a friend of hers I stood in front of her, draping the shawl around me. I waited for her to take a pic of me.
Then I let the shawl fall of my shoulders in order to re-adjust it. I looked at my mum's eyes getting bigger and a huge grin appeared on her face. I looked down at me...
...and discovered the mess! The shawl is shedding as hell!
I was in the mood for crying, but my laughing mum made me smile. Well, for the future I'll avoid cheapo yarn for time consuming things. By the way the yarn was from the "Hamburger Wollfabrik". I don't know if returning it would be possible.
As I read somewhwere there's noway to stop the shedding and I believe it.

looksgood, but


closer

2 Comments:

Blogger yuvee said...

Hi, are you Indonesian? I am, and I think it would be really nice to know other Indonesian knitter ;)

3:17 PM, April 25, 2005  
Blogger javede said...

Yes, or better to say half of me ;-)
I'm half-indonesian, half-german.
Saw your post on knitty and your blog. Really nice knitting!
Guess it's not that easy getting yarn, right?

4:25 PM, April 25, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Germany
Mail me
My Wist list!
30 things about me
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called knitlady. Make your own badge here.



Powered by Blogger