Tuesday, June 28, 2005

my Craftster challenge entry

I finished it today! This project really gave me some minor headaches. First I couldn't find anything that matched with the Kimono flower fabric and then I wasn't sure about the whole thing etc....
You can see the finished project here:
click
I really like it now and will wear it when I've get the chance.

On the knitting front, I started branching out for me in turqois cotton yarn(Yes, it matches the flower fabric!). My mum visited her aunts over the weekend(my grandaunts)in Cuxhaven, her place of birth. There was a big fleamarket on saturday and now I could kick my self for not going with her. Why? Well, the 100% mercerised cotton yarn I just mentioned, was brought at that fleamarket for 10 cent/skein...10 CENT!!!!
She brought 18 skeins of various colors, only 3 in turqois for 1,50€(the woman even gave her a discount!!!). Now, when I asked her if there hadn't been more in turqois, she said the woman had a big blue bag full of yarn(also turqois!!!), but she didn't knew if I could use these kind of yarn as you need to knit it with size 3mm needles!
Mum, that's PERFECT for my lace projects!!!!
I guess you can imagine my pain and sorrow... 10 cent per skein! Even if it wouldn't be my colors or if I couldn't use the yarn, we could have sold it over Ebay, where yarn like this sometimes gets ridiculous bits!
Btw, speaking of Ebay, half of the things I'm watching is cotton yarn like this one, and my mum doesn't know if I could use it! Man, we're using the same account! She knows what I'm watching!

3 Comments:

Blogger the knitrider said...

that project turned out awesome! i love it!

8:48 PM, June 28, 2005  
Blogger joygoddess said...

I love how you turned that crazy kimono in a fabulous outfit!!! I wish I could sew... nice job!!!

And 10 cents a skein? Insane... if I ever found a bargain like that, I'd buy it up regardless of what kind of yarn or what color it was, lol!!!

10:09 PM, June 28, 2005  
Blogger Ruth said...

saw a link to your blog via the knittinghelp.com site forum... i'm so jealous that you can sew!! it looks really good!! =)

8:46 AM, June 29, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Germany
Mail me
My Wist list!
30 things about me
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called knitlady. Make your own badge here.



Powered by Blogger