Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Spin-it, stop, draft, slide....

I received my roving today!!!
It's soooo soft and fluffy and it smells like sheep! No, I mean that in a good way like the smell of a rose for a gardener or the smell of a baby for its mother or...well, you as a knitter get it, right?

I was so excited to start spinning when I realized I hadn't attached a hook to my selfmade spindle! After searching for one for 30 minutes I gave up and rushed to the hardware store, brought the hook and rushed back.

Only to ask myself: "how do I get the hook on the spindle?" I couldn't use the drill, cause we don't have these things which you can attach to a table to drill securely...
Smarty me took a nail, hammered it a bit into the spindle and screwed the hook in with a bit of force! Probably not the best way, but I'm going to buy a better spindle anyway.

Why? Cause I'm already hooked! I spun a bit of yarn and would have continued, but the roving broke(?). So I thought I post before I return to spin.
Here's the first bit of selfmade yarn! Please, don't laugh. I know it's far away from perfection and that I need MUCH more practice, but I'm just so proud of myself
(and have I mentioned that I'm excited?)

yeahme!


And the roving(actually you can just see the top once, there's much more in the bag):
roving


And I forgot it in the last post, but as always: My sunday fleamarket find.
This is some kind of Kimono/bathrobe thing, brought for 2,50€! I'm planning on taking part in the new craft challenge on craftster and this will be the base of my creation.

kimono???

flowers


Ok, back to learning to spin!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Du machst So schöne SAchen, ich bin ganz begeistert. :o) Dein braunes Top ist klasse und der Kimono wird bestimmt auch zu was Tollem umgewandelt. :o) Auf welchen Flohmärkten in HH treibst Du Dich denn rum?
Liebe Grüße SP5

1:57 PM, June 08, 2005  
Blogger javede said...

Danke *rotwerd*
Da ich ja so ziemlich jeden Sonntag auf irgendeinem Flohmarkt bin[jap, bin Frühausteherin ;-)], geh ich immer zu anderen.
Zu meinen Favoriten gehören aber:
-Flohmärkte in Eppendorf; besonders schön zum Gucken, wegen Antikenkram und teureren Klamotten, kaufen tu ich da aber weniger
-St.Pauli bei Wallmart; ist ziemlich regelmäßig, zum Teil Schrott aber auch sowas wie der Kimono
-Bei Ikea Morfleet
-wenns keinen Anderen gibt fahren wir auch zu dem in *überleg* Billstedt bei Wallmart, da sind aber viele Händler und das find ich immer ganz schön nervig!

Und diesen Sonntag geht's nach Wistedt in der Nähe von Tostedt!
Wenn ich dann noch meine Eltern dazu überreden könnte zum Handwerkermarkt nach Tostedt zu fahren...

4:05 PM, June 08, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Germany
Mail me
My Wist list!
30 things about me
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called knitlady. Make your own badge here.



Powered by Blogger