Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Yes, I'm able to finish things, but...

...I hate sewing in ends! That's way the Ethnotop is still not completed.
Instead I made another top, which I call my show-them-of-tank.
It's not that visible in the pics, but the neckline is pretty deep...deeper than I intended. -My mums comment: "Yeah, right. Be honest darling, you just want to show them of!"-

Anyway, the yarn I used is "Naif" from "Lord" which is a 100% cotton yarn. I used several patterns and mixed them. The bottom lace pattern is from soleil(knitty), the neckline is loosely base on a top from a Rebecca magazine.
It was quite a quick knit if one substracts the design breaks, aka "Do I need to increase, decrease, and if how much? Maybe I should put it on? etc."

As always, my camera doesn't display the right color. I really need a new one! The color is of a much deeper and darker brown, almost black.

topfront


topside


My next project will be a lace shawl based on branching-out. I made a test piece and it's currently blocking.

2 Comments:

Blogger Danielle said...

It's really lovely Janin, and it shows a little clevage to boot! :)

6:25 PM, June 07, 2005  
Blogger Cheryl said...

love the tank!

5:03 PM, June 13, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Germany
Mail me
My Wist list!
30 things about me
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called knitlady. Make your own badge here.



Powered by Blogger