Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Ebay will be my downfall

I know, I said it many times, but I really should stay away from Ebay. It's evil!
I have this habit of watching items I would like to buy, but don't have the money for. I'm just curious how much the winning bid will be. Well, not too long ago I watched some colinette yarn and 5 minutes before the auction ended it was 6,5€. Nobody should get that beautiful yarn for so less money, I thought. So I bid on it quite confident the other bidder had already entered more...well, (s)he didn't and I won the auction of 7 hanks of Fandango from colinette for 11,96€ including shipping!!!
There are 3 different colorways, 4 hanks of Velvet Bronze, 2 hanks of summer berries and 1 hank of velvet plum. After cuddling it extensively and some google search I decided that the 4 hanks will become a sweater/cardigan of some sort and the others a scarf and/or pillow.
And now, feast your eyes on this:

2 Comments:

Blogger Carmell said...

oooo nice!!! i think i saw that. i have the same ebay addiction.. i watch more than i buy.

3:30 PM, October 18, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my God what a bargain! I do exactly the same thing with Ebay though and this week am expecting some Poole pottery (through the post! - how insane can you be?) because I didn't believe that my low bid would win.....there's a lesson in here somewhere, but I do think you got a great deal with that Colinette
Love Your KnittySP5 xxxx

9:58 AM, October 19, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Germany
Mail me
My Wist list!
30 things about me
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called knitlady. Make your own badge here.



Powered by Blogger