Friday, October 14, 2005

Finish it all!

I decided to start finishing all the projects I have at the moment instead of starting new ones. University begins on the 24th and I don't think I will have much time to knit than. Atleast not as much time as in the past months.

First my second pair of socks. Since I had so much yarn left-over and my cousins first birthday was on tuesday, I knit her a pair too. I knit a different heel on the little socks(I guess it's a short-row heel, but I'm not sure). Still have a bit of yarn left...
Ok, you can see where this leads, don't you? Me, who has always said, that knitting socks seames to be a waste of time, is now addicted to knitting socks! Apart fromt he fact that they are lovely to wear(I'm always having colf feet), they are also easy to knit. And there's so much beautiful sock yarn too!

Ok, this is not knitting, but I had to try the Fimo I got for birthday. It didn't worked out like I thought it would, but I like the effect too. In case you can't see it on this crappy photo, these are beads ;-)


And lastely since the car got repaired(long story short: first mechanic wrong, went to audi garage, new battery, -180€!!!), I drove to the Wollfabrik. I got some of their sock yarn, but I don't like it much. It's much more ...hmm let's say dense and I would have to move down a needle size. Plus it's not as soft as the other yarn I used.
The cone on the right is merino wool 750m/50g. It will be used to knit lace.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

tee hee! I had a feeling that you would get into sock knitting somehow! especially as I believe Germany has some of the best sock wool in the world, am i right? I am also on a 'finishing things off' bender at the moment, although it is hard to resist casting on for new projects I am sick of tripping over half finished stuff in my living room.

I'm glad you like your Hipknits silk so much, I only wish I could have afforded to buy you more of it!
LOL your KnittySP5 xxx

5:01 PM, October 14, 2005  
Blogger RheLynn said...

I love the colour of the sock yarn! Too bad it wasn't to your liking. I wish I could find marls like that somewhere near here. *jealous* ;o)

2:15 AM, October 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Germany
Mail me
My Wist list!
30 things about me
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called knitlady. Make your own badge here.



Powered by Blogger