Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Later as in tomorrow

Yeah, sorry about that. Text should have been put up yesterday, but I go by:
"Was du heute kannst besorgen, das verschiebe doch auf morgen." ;-)
Honestly I had to prepare for "labratory" and analyse mondays experiment. Today our assistant lecturer(?) finally confirmed that my lab partner and I have to do one experiment less than the others. Should have seen the faces of the biologists who have to do all experiments :-)

Back to knitting. Here's the finished body part of samus. I ran into a little problem with the sleeve band. I can just never make the row gauge to match. Normally that doesn't matter at all, but with a cable band it does. Trying it again with the smalle needle size.


Here's the (almost)finished little cable cardigan. It's less yellow than it looks like. The button part is far from beeing perfect and will be corrected once I find a better suiting button.


And here it is, my first pair of socks. Still can't really understand why people knit sock after sock. The second sock was a bit easier and I was able to really watch tv, but those tiny needles!
As you can see, there was a reason why the yarn was cheaper, it pills. Doesn't really matter though cause these are test socks.
Btw. my dad's birthday was last friday. He thought the hat was store brought!!! He was like, I didn't know you could knit something like this...Dad, I sat right next to you working on samus...dads!
socks


fuzzle


As my fabric stash needs some serious reduction, I began sorting out some jersey/t-shirt like fabrics. Actually the first garment I tried to sew was a t-shirt, COMPLETE FAILURE! Now that I had sewn my first blazer I decided it was time to try again. It's a really easy tube top with only one seam. What shall I say, no problem at all! Probably it's the fabric cause if I remember correct the first try was with fabric from the sales bin. Anyway, next is a long arm shirt with raglan seams. Body will be the same fabric as the tube top and the arms will be white.
sleep

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it might be your birthday tomorrow? Am I right? If so, Happy Birthday! I am posting your parcel tomorrow so it will be belated but hopefully be-lovely!
LOL Your KnittySP5 xxx

8:25 PM, September 29, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BTW, where is the cable cardigan pattern from? I like it, you did a great job on it, I want to copy it!

8:26 PM, September 29, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Germany
Mail me
My Wist list!
30 things about me
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called knitlady. Make your own badge here.



Powered by Blogger