Friday, October 21, 2005

new projects

Yes, I can't resist it, I just have to start new projects!

Because it's getting rapidely colder every day around here and I don't want to heat when it's not really necessary, I made myself some fingerless gloves. Originally there should have been a heart design(made of purl stitches) on it, but I messed it up and after the second try gave it up. The yarn is some 8 strand machine knit yarn brought way over a year ago. I made a hat for my dad out of it for last christmas...arghh, can you hear it? last christmas...i gave you my he...stop it! get out of my head! now!!!!
Actually I like this song, but not in october! Can't they atleast wait untill late november to play it? Same goes for christmas sweets.

Anyway, here's the other project I started. The Shetland Tea shawl in Kidsilk Haze. I started it yesterday around midday and am now finished with the first lace pattern. It took all my patience to finish the first rows! I lost a needle three times and eventhough I was able to get the stitches on it again I almost threw it away!
Now that I'm on circulars it's much easier. The only challenge is to keep knitting and NOT cuddling it the whole time...hard, cause it's so soft!
And here's a pic of Samus. I decided to only block the sleeves and have done so this morning. It's the first time I steam blocked knitting with a towel. Unfortunately I don't have the space to do so with the body part of samus, so it will stay unblocked. The only difference between the blocked and the unblocked pieces is that the blocked is a bit softer and lies more flat.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello my dear SP. I see you have beautiful nails! You have been spammed above by an evil anonymous spammer, if you want to stop them you have to turn word verification on. They are such beasts.
Hope you are having a warm October. It is not cold here in UK but it is very wet and miserable.
LOL Your KnittySP5 xxx

3:57 PM, October 25, 2005  
Blogger javede said...

Yeah, changed that. I never had that many spammers, but this was probably the third in a couple of days.

As for the nails, that actually was the hand with the shorter nails. Was because I rasped them yesterday. My mum still thinks they are too long though ;-)

6:38 PM, October 25, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Germany
Mail me
My Wist list!
30 things about me
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called knitlady. Make your own badge here.



Powered by Blogger