Thursday, March 23, 2006

finish one, start two

Despite all the learning I managed to finish a few projects(darn, I really should look into buying a new camera!):
First here's the Rebecca sweater. Now that it has been washed once it looks a bit better.


Here are the socks I've finished.


And finally Cozy.

And now the new projects.
Of course some new socks. I brought so much sock yarn in the last month and I think it's highly addicting. Just yesterday my mum and me were jocking about the fact that we of all people are wearing multicolored handknitted socks since before all we would conciously wear were black or white ones.
I tried out the Jaywalker pattern and have finished the first sock. It's a bit tight, but if I had made it bigger it would have been too big. The second is cotton yarn and will be knitted quite plainly. I started a lace pattern on it, but the yarn doesn't really show it.















I also started knitting tubey from Knitty out of this black yarn with blue and read sparkle in it. The yarn was a gift from my mum. She won an auction on Ebay for three packs of it and only paid 6.50€!!! Cause she only needs two packs, I got the third.
I've changed the arm part a bit as I don't want them as wide as in the original pattern.

What else have I started...ah yes, I started knitting a lace doily out of chrochet cotton size 10. It was a real fight for the first three rounds, but now it goes rather smoothly. But since I have to pay much more attention to this it's not finished yet, I'm on row 32(just writing that, so I don't forget ;-)).














There are much more patterns I want to knit at the moment and there's also more yarn I brought, but I promised myself to not start too many projects at once. Like 4 is the max.

2 Comments:

Blogger PURLPOWER said...

Wow, you have been a very, very busy lady while I've been away! I love the Cozy and the Rebecca jumper looks very, very nice on you.

10:57 AM, March 25, 2006  
Blogger soapy said...

WOW! Rebecca looks very nice on you so does the cozy...Nice socks too! Lots of finsihed FO at the same too.. Good fro you!

2:54 PM, March 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Germany
Mail me
My Wist list!
30 things about me
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called knitlady. Make your own badge here.



Powered by Blogger