Sunday, May 21, 2006

Another "OH MY GOD" moment

Among all the swaps I'm in at the moment is also the yarn swap from knittinghelp.com. And my pal from there caused another OMG-moment and extrem envy from my mum:

Yes, that are SIX hanks of Elsebeth Lavold's silky wool! Not to forget the Burt's bees hand salve!
I have to admit that when I opened the package there was a little moment of total blankness/shock quickly followed by a maniacs laughter and an even crazier I-got-gorgeous-yarn-dance(approx. the time my mum left the room shaking her head ;-)).

Speaking of my mum, here is her mothersday gift. It will be a top she can wear when going to Reggae concerts. It's knitted from the top down with a reggae colored band at the collar, arms and bottom. It's an easy, but extremly boring knit. And will probably take for ever!

And these are two projects for me. The left is the cotton sock yarn and destinated to become Pomatomus from Knitty. I will frog the beg I already knitted and start over with fewer sts(60).
On the left is the beginning of a caridgan from drops(drops 95, model 33) which is similare to the circular jacket from InterweaveKnits, but with a bit more shape in the arms. The yarn is "Quick" from Lana Grossa and I got 16 balls on sale for 95 cent each!
I had some problems with my stitch markers though. It seems I don't have enough! If I remember correctly a bunch of them is still on the needles with the black circular shawl that is still missing the edging and as you can see above some are with my mum's top, but I have no idea where the rest is!(I have more, don't I....)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Germany
Mail me
My Wist list!
30 things about me
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called knitlady. Make your own badge here.



Powered by Blogger