Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Summer!!!!

The last couple of days have been so wonderfully sunny! Wish it would be like this untill fall, but that's just wishfull thinking considering where I live...
A friend of mine and me finally managed to go to one of the beach clubs that opened last summer. Every time last year we tried to go there, they were so full of people that you could just stand! Now we even got us deck chairs and spend the better part of the day there.

Have I mentioned that my LYS is celebrating it's 25th jubilee? And that during the whole month of may everything not already reduced is 25% off?!!
I went there on tuesday and the only thing that saved my bank account were all the people(read old ladies ;-)) there. It's a tiny shop and I think there were 10 people in there which means it was pretty crowded. I know, I'm definately going back there though...
I only brought some cotton sock yarn, needles to finish the silk sweater and 7 balls of mohair wool I would have brought anyway sooner or later(going to knit a mohair cardigan in dark blue).

Anyway I was surfing the net+looking through knit magazines yesterday and found tons of projects I want to knit this summer. Thought I would make a list less I forget them again:
~Orangina from Glampyre; maybe even in the Rowan 4ply cotton(cheapest through Janette's rare yarns)
~Grannie Smith Cardigan from neoknits; probably not in Kidsilk cause that would bust my budget
~pullover from Schachenmayr's summer mag, the one knit in Avior
~a second honeymoon cami in the red cotton yarn already brought, if only I could remember the modificatons I made on the one knitted last year!
~a shrug/capelet with button closure thingy

Sorry, no pics today. There hasn't been much progress on the silk sweater(knitting sleeves is boring!) and I spare you the pic of my new sneaker socks(they are in the laundry anyway).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Germany
Mail me
My Wist list!
30 things about me
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called knitlady. Make your own badge here.



Powered by Blogger