Monday, May 15, 2006

Managing time and wasting it

I had this really great plan to organize my weekend to get the most of it. Like how to learn for math and do unis stuff, but still have time to go to fleamarkets and craft.
Well, I'm actually quite good at making those plans, but I can never ever stick to them!
In the end I did a bit of learning and a lot of crafting...oh well...

At the fleamarket I found a magazin organizer thing. I have no idea why, but somehow it spoke to me(you know, the usual "take me home, I'm useful"). The fabric was dirty and he colors had faded, but what is my ever growing fabric stash for(just brought more fabric, see next paragraph):


The fabric is from Ikea and was originally brought for making pillow cases. Now all I have to do is get rid of this big sack of junk yarn and I'll actually have the space for this magazine stander!




On friday I went to the fabric store and brought this turqouis linen fabric. I couldn't resist and also brought some more fabric for sewing skirts. I really shouldn't go to any kind of craft store alone, I always end up buying much more then I should!. Plus sewing always take me much longer than it should. This skirt took about 5hours(including calculating dimensions and cutting out)! It would be much faster if I would stick to it and not get distracted.

And finally some photos of the silk sweater! My mum borrowed the camera of a friend and it actually made acceptable pics of the silk(especially of the close-up!). I haven't had the time to work on the pattern, but I plan on doing that next week.
(click on pictures!)











I also knitted some socks(though one is missing in the pic) and dyed some yarn last week.


EDIT: Hehe, Purlpower, the jumper is partly made of yarn my last Knitty SP send me ;-)
It's HipKnits silk! I just weighted it today and found out I only used 250g! Which means I still have around 200g left over...

1 Comments:

Blogger PURLPOWER said...

So glad you are signing up for SP7, I think it is going to be a long lovely summer of yarn exchange! I really adore that silk jumper you have made and the detailed picture is especially sweet. Have you already posted up which yarn it is made in? If so, I missed it, can you post up again?

8:53 PM, May 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Germany
Mail me
My Wist list!
30 things about me
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called knitlady. Make your own badge here.



Powered by Blogger