Saturday, July 08, 2006

cross stitch hunt

Ok, I've come to terms with my new hair cut. You're all right, it does look good. Except for saturday morning when I very much resembled a japanese Manga girl/boy with my hair literally standing up and sideways ;-) (No, there's no picture of it!)

Anyway, you might remember I started cross stitching. All I've done untill now were test pieces and bookmarks, but I would like to make a big picture one. Really, all it takes is a lot of time and I know it will probably take me ages to complete. As those are quite expensive I thought I would put it on my birthday wish list(30.september).
The problem? I can't find anything I like! Most seem to be too granny-like, you know what I mean. Or there are pets/animals involved. Or it's in pastels.
I would like something with fairies(no baby faces please) or asian or...I don't know. But if I'm going to spend so much time on something I want it to be perfect, something I'm really going to hang on my wall. The fairies and mystical/fantasy kits I found all lacked a certain *insert-word-for-funky-cool-stuff-that-makes-you-say-WOW*. The kits from Pinn go into the direction of what I look for. But there just have to be more like these out there, right? Not sure my mum would be comfortable buying from them online.

Knitwise I've finished the Lorna's socks! I almost wish it were cold enough to wear them, almost. Of course eventhough I knitted them toe-up I still have a bit left-over. I think I've never used all yarn for any project.

I also started knitting the first clue of the Mystery stole and have finished one side. Now I have to ball a second skein in order to start the other side, but it took me way over an hour to ball the last skein even with my skein winder. What I really need is a ball winder...too expensive though even on Ebay, something else to put one my birthday list!

I also got the yarn for my secret SP project! I abandoned my first idea of dyeing ýarn myself with Ashford dyes, it would just have taken too much time and would have cost too much. Plus I was afraid I would mess up with the dye ending with not enough yarn. Can't really blog about this project, cause by now my downstream SP will have guessed I'm going to knit her something.
I must admit that when I brought the yarn for the project online I couldn't resist buying some other yarn for me too...I blame it on my SP ;-)

Sorry for the lack of photos, but I keep forgetting to recharge my batteries.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Becka said...

I used to do cross-stitching, it's fun! I designed a few things, too. do you have a picture that you like? You know you can turn it into a graph @ knitpro, if you have a photo, that is.
don't you just LOVE lorna's laces?!

12:00 AM, July 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take a look at Cross Stitch Myth & Magic: Wizards, Angels, Dragons, Mermaids, Cherubs, Unicorns, Fairies and Julie Hasler's Fantasy Cross Stitch: Zodiac Signs, Mythical Beasts and Mystical Characters. Are those sort of patterns what you are looking for? 'cuz I've seen a book that looks like these at my local book store. Who knows, maybe it'd find its way into my shopping bag.

4:17 PM, July 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Germany
Mail me
My Wist list!
30 things about me
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called knitlady. Make your own badge here.



Powered by Blogger