Monday, October 09, 2006

Dyed yarn, knitting, time wanted

As I said in my last post I dyed some more yarn in purple(left-over from first try) and blue. I dyed 100g of the lambs wool I got for birthday to test how it accepts dye. It did wonderfully and I'm knitting a little scarf out of it:

EDIT: I also dyed 100g of some very soft mystery yarn I got in a swap and knitted a "matching" hat:

I also finished my Jaywalkers! I love them and actually they are not as loose as I thought just a bit more roomy than the tight socks I usually knit:

The yarn from my pervious post is used to knit a lace scarf. I'm using the lace pattern from the snowflake socks. It's beautifull knit up, but it may take me some time to complete.

I also want to knit my cousin a cardigan for her birthday. I plan on using the pink Lana Grossa yarn previoucly used in a cardigan for me from Drops, which I'm going to frog. I have to announce, that I'm probably not a pink girl anymore! I still like light pinks, but hot pink? No, not really. Maybe for accessories, but not for something wearable. I think purple/brown/blue suits me much better.

P.S.: In case you're wondering about the date posted with my recent and also this post, yes I do begin them on that day, but mostly it takes me up to 3 days to finish them. There's just soooo much to learn for my next exam which will take place next friday. The topic is "easier" and I'm a bit more comfortable with it, but of course I worry anyway;-) But this prof mostly gives rather good marks and it's considered almost impossible to fail one of his exams unless you really have not learned at all...or he has a really bad day and/or you do a group exam which he hates, so my exam is a single one.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger PURLPOWER said...

The Jaywalkers look great! I think striped yarn suits that pattern the best. Did you see the 'Buzzwalkers' that Sunshine Pop knitted?

2:31 PM, October 13, 2006  
Blogger Teri.p said...

What fun Jaywalkers, Janin! I agree with Purlpower; JW in striped yarn are terrific.

Also, the yarn you dyed? It's gorgeous! I'm still trying to decide what color(s) to dye some Kona SuperWash for a pair of kneesocks.

10:31 AM, October 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Germany
Mail me
My Wist list!
30 things about me
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called knitlady. Make your own badge here.



Powered by Blogger