Saturday, October 21, 2006

Quick update

The exam yesterday...
...was the best exam I ever had!!! Ok, I did get better marks in some of my written exams and I think I got the same mark in the oral math exam, but the athmosphere was so great this time. It felt more like talking with someone about the topics instead of beeing interrogated! What really made it all a lot easier was that the prof let you chose a topic to start with, so you knew atleast what the first part would be about. Mine was routing and yes, I still had a thing or two not quite right, but he explained it...in a lengthy monologue! And I think that was when I really impressed him cause I would add something after his speech and not just nod.
He chose the second topic though and when he started to say "well, I heard a lot about computer hardware etc. today, but there's also the operating system" I was about to faint! I hadn't really learned that part as he seemed to ALWAYS ask about the hardware or about security aspects. But I muddled through it somehow and when they talked about my mark(I was standing outside, but the door was pretty thin ;-)) the prof remarked that it's also important to see how a person acts if (s)he doesn't know a topic. I apparently did well and received a 2.3!
The rest of the day was spend knitting and writing down crafty project ideas. More on that later.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger AmyP said...

Well done on the exam - and I look forward to seeing some more craftiness

12:51 PM, October 21, 2006  
Blogger soapy said...

YEAH! Good job with the exam!

4:06 PM, October 21, 2006  
Blogger Becka said...

WTG!! I'm so happy to hear that you were comfortable with this prof. One would think that they would all strive to make the students comfortable!

4:02 AM, October 23, 2006  
Blogger Becka said...

About the comment on my blog...Woman, I don't even consider it whining when you don't like getting up at 6:30!!! Oh my, it's not natural to want to get up at this time of day! Especially after a nice summer! LOL, I'm more of a going to sleep at 6:30 kinda person! I'm a night owl, not even a morning person! I completely understand!
I love, love the robot! I'm going to have to show Lonnie to see if he wants to do it, too!

6:26 PM, October 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Germany
Mail me
My Wist list!
30 things about me
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called knitlady. Make your own badge here.



Powered by Blogger