Friday, October 13, 2006

sock yarn stash?

Hello?! Where are you? Huhu?!! sock yarn stash!???
Sadly, this is the rest of my sock yarn stash(missing:two skeins stored safely away for swaps):

I think I've knitted a lot more socks than I can remember, how else could you explain my sock yarn leftover stash?

Actually in some/most of these is enough yarn left to knit another pair, but I don't really like to knit two matching pairs and so these are kept to make a big Patchwork blanket someday.

Lolli also asked some questions:
Do you have certain patterns planned for some of the yarns? Do you buy yarn and then choose a pattern?
No, not really. I buy sock yarn when I see one I like, I don't think about any pattern at all. Mostly because I seldomly knit patterned socks ;-)

Does a certain sock yarn you have in your stash take you back to a certain event? (where you were when you bought/received it? what was going on in your life at the time!)
hmm, not that I remember right now. I still know when and where I got most, but I guess there was nothing special on these days...but then my memory is pretty bad event-wise anyway.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Becka said...

pWhat a great idea for the sock yarn! I had thought about making stripey socks or something with my leftover, but the quilt is an excellent idea..I may have to borrow it one day!

5:34 PM, October 13, 2006  
Anonymous Rose said...

Good reading thiss post

11:58 PM, January 09, 2022  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Germany
Mail me
My Wist list!
30 things about me
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called knitlady. Make your own badge here.



Powered by Blogger