Sunday, October 15, 2006

Wundertüte and learning

I'm participating in the "Wundertüten"-competition. Without any SP program I just kind of need a challenge apart from coming up with gift ideas for my family, juggling studying and working...
Anyway, I can't wait to get my Wundertüte! The challenge to knit something out of yarn that somebody else chose, which might not be what I would have chosen is challenging but fun.

After two weeks of learning almost nonestop, I feel very tired. I hope this exam will go well...
At the moment I'm going through a "Wechselbad der Gefühle"['contrast bath of emotions' literally translated :-)], from dispair and "OMG, I don't know what XYZ means, I'm going to fail" to utter peace/calm and a kind of zen-feeling/it-will-all-be-well. Well, we'll see how it goes on friday.
I also feel a bit better about failing the last exam. I spoke with several others, who also failed AND to whom the prof said the exact same thing as one cause for failure->lack of math skills! Yes, when he told me that I wanted to laugh out real loud and tell him the real reason I failed was cause I hadn't learned enough, but...well that's probably something you shouldn't tell your prof ;-)

What really made my head ache lately is which courses to take this semester. We will be the last ones to make their diploma; the ones who started studying a year after us are in the new bachelor/master system, which is introduced to make it easier for students/graduates in our globalized world. Not much has changed topic-wise, but the study is organized a bit different. Which means that the more basic courses I have to take are available for the last time in the next two semester! So I have to take them now or fiddle with some fancy transit rules that they don't know yet...
This let to my totally full overstuffed timetable, three exams I'll have to do at the end of the semester, pass two seminars(=two presentations+paper),two tutorials and the exam from last semester I failed!!! The lectures start next week and if it isn't managable I'll have to reduce it...we'll see how that goes too...

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Becka said...

I so hope that all is well with school!
I have complete faith in you, by the way!

5:35 PM, October 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Germany
Mail me
My Wist list!
30 things about me
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called knitlady. Make your own badge here.



Powered by Blogger