Wednesday, October 25, 2006

yawning and yarn(pic added!)

Gosh, it's so hard to adapt to my new timetable! Wednesdays will be the hardest as I have to be at the far away second campus at 8.30, so I have to leave home at 7:30 and therefore wake up at 6:30! Today as it was the first week of lectures I had to be there at 8.15am and I woke up at 6am...I know that working folks sometimes have to wake up even earlier, but it's hard for me to imagine that.
And then the lecture was sooooooo boring, which was just a bit caused by the fact that I already knew what he talked about, but more so cause this guy has the most drowsy voice I ever heard. And if that wouldn't have been enough the lecture is in a small classroom-like room not in an auditorium(like all other lectures) and I was sitting in the front row(was a tad bit late)! Took my whole will-power to keep my eyes open for the 4hours(ok, only 2 x 1.5hours with a 30min break).

But let's leave the yawn part and come to the yarn part ;-)
I received my order from wollsucht yesterday. Some sock yarn for a little swap and some more yarn for me! Hey, no postage if you buy for more than 30€, couldn't pass that!

And my Wündertüte arrived!

That really will be a challenge! No ideas yet, but they sure will come...
EDIT: I did a bit of swatching and the greys really look good together. I'm thinking about stripes at the moment and colorfull accents, though no idea what to actually make stripey and colorfull...

I also finished the sweater in a knitting marathon yesterday while listening to the CastOn podcast. I LOVE podcasts! I'm a person who can't just knit and do nothing else. No matter how interesting the knit is I will get fidget. Normally I watch tv or listen to music, but a podcast is a good alternative.

EDIT: Finally my student financial aid letter came! I'm happy as a bee! Not only will I finally have real money again(november 1.), but I'll get around 50€ more than last year!!! No, that money won't be spend on yarn, it will be put aside for the new student fees. But it means I won't have to work more to pay them or let my parents pay the fees(they already pay the "semester share" of 240€).

P.S.: I've decided to dismiss one seminar. It's just too much for one semester cause I'll have to learn for the exams during the semester this time. Now I just have to tell my prof...

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Becka said...

I'm happy to read that you dropped one of the classes since you were overloaded! I tell my daughter the same thing! She often has a heavy load at school and I'm happy to see that she chooses to drop a class if the burden is too heavy! No need stressing too badly over school if you don't have to!
LOL, I know what you mean about drowsy voices during a lecture, it's like asking you to fall asleep, LOL! I remember one of my main profs in school (I was a respiratory therapist before I was disabled) that had a monotone voice, it was so hard to stay awake! And I had to take at least one class from him each quarter! LOL, I found that I wrote notes while virtually sleeping, LOL!
I love your sweater!!!
happy your financial aid arrived!

5:02 PM, October 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Germany
Mail me
My Wist list!
30 things about me
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called knitlady. Make your own badge here.



Powered by Blogger