Wednesday, November 22, 2006

I wish I could go too

Who's going to spend the next two month in sunny, warm Indonesia?
No, not me, I've got to study sadly, but my dad will go instead! Yes, that means he will be away during christmas and new year too. Not much of a big deal though as long as he remembers to bring back the black hair shampoo and fabric.
I might have to call him a few times to remind him on those ;-)
That will be the third time(though not in a row) that he won't be with us during this season. But it's the only time he can take a longer leave from work as he is working in some kind of construction thing(I've got no idea what exactly it's called in german either). Christmas doesn't mean much to him anyway cause he's a muslim.
And it means I have to worry about one gift less! My father is always the hardest to come up with a gift for and I might just have reached a dead end now. He already got the photo frame, knitted hat, car washing vouche etc. I dread his next birthday!

Yes, my dad is a muslim and my mum is ...hmm, well she was raised protestant, but she left the church the time she began to work(mostly because you have to pay church tax, but also because she never went to church anyway). So where does that leave us kids? I remember the first time I really thought about this question around the time most of my fellow students went to conformation. I even accompanied a friend to church once and read part of the bible and koran. Back then I decided that I was far too young to decide anything and that maybe there's no right decision anyway. I still feel that way.

P.S.: Don't worry, the next post will be more craft related ;-)

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger AmyP said...

Where does your parent's religion leave you? With the best of both worlds!

3:56 PM, November 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's great that you get to choose what you want to be if anything. My Dad was presbyterian. My Mom was Catholic. Me and my siblings went to Sunday school at the local presbyterian church when we were really little. My parents claimed that was so we'd all know a bit about the bible and so forth. We were all adults when they confessed that they would drop us off and go home to have a little "adult" time, which is why they chose the presbyterian church -- it was only 5 minutes from our house.

12:55 AM, November 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Germany
Mail me
My Wist list!
30 things about me
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called knitlady. Make your own badge here.



Powered by Blogger