Sunday, November 05, 2006

I'm back

My hand feels a lot better, though of course I didn't managed not to knit the whole weekend. I tried, actually I tried really hard! No, really I tried, I swear I tried! And failed...let's face it, knitting is an addiction for me. I don't know what to do if I can't knit. It isn't so much a problem of not knitting for a few days-have done that before e.g. when learning-, but of not beeing allowed to knit and not having much else to do. I tried to distract myself by making study plans, surfing the net(mouse in left hand), tidy my room,..., and in the end making a list of next-to-knit things. After 24+hours without knitting I made a little swatch(sweater for me) and then rested some more. 2 hours later I had already casted on and knit the first few rows...

Oh well, atleast a knitting addiction is not as fatal as some others are! But I'm happy to report that another addiction seems to have been mastered. My yarn addiction! No, it's not completely gone, but while browsing the net for some time(read a few hours) I did not buy one skein! Yes, I saw some pretty stuff and I could even afford new yarn now, but somehow I realized I don't need to! The only thing on my what-to-buy-next list is the yarnforward mag, but it seems a waste to only order the mag.

I also made a trip to Ikea yesterday with my mum and brought a happy-colored rug for my room. It really brightens everything and suits my pink room much better than that old indefinable-grey-bluish carpet. I'm thinking about buying a big shelf with doors from Ikea(BESTÅ) to get some more storage room. My chest of drawers(wonder if that really is the right translation for the german "Kommode"), shelves and cd tower have to go then. Not sure yet, it also depends on how much my parents throw in.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Becka said...

I've not been blog reading in a while..sorry to read about the finger and happy to read that it is getting better.
Yep, we are knit addicts, no doubt about it!
I LOVE Ikea, wish we had one in my town!

8:22 PM, November 07, 2006  
Blogger bente said...

Huhu, danke für Deinen Kommentar, ja irgendwie schaff ich das alles, aber frag mich nicht wie :o) Ich hab in Deinem Wists die "Purse" Bügel gesehen, guck mal unter www.patchwork-nordlicht.de, dann Online-Shop, Zubehör, Taschenzubehör... Sind zwar eckig aber zumindest ähnlich...

9:20 AM, November 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Germany
Mail me
My Wist list!
30 things about me
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called knitlady. Make your own badge here.



Powered by Blogger