Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Swaps are fun!!!

I love swaps of any kind, but lately craftster's swaps have just been perfect. Apart from getting nice selfmade things, I also love to craft for others who will appreciate it. Even if your family and friends oh's and ah's about what you make them, unless they craft too, they mostly don't know how much time and thought was put into it. But other crafters do and I just feel a lot more free when sending to one. I also like the themed swaps where you have to craft according to one theme and then see how everyone interpreted it and the ideas they come up with.
The latest swap has been the Hogfather swap which was based on the book "Hogfather" from Terry Pratchett, one of my alltime favorit authors!
Here's what I send minus a knitted hat that I forgot to photograph:

The main item was a tote with a cross stitched Death of Rats.

I'm not going to say much about this in case you want to read the book, but everyone who has already read it will recognize this ;-)

As Death is one of the main characters of the book, a little skull purse is just appropriate. Never ever will I combine metallic thread with my sewing machine again!

And a quote on a pen holder "HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMANS"

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger AmyP said...

I loved your Death of Rats cross stitch! I can't wait to see everyone else's efforts.

7:45 PM, November 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Germany
Mail me
My Wist list!
30 things about me
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called knitlady. Make your own badge here.



Powered by Blogger