Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Thanks for the laugh dad!

That was just what I needed on this grey morning! An hour ago my mum called my name in a high-pitched-come-immediately voice. When I came into the living room I found my dad wearing a dress shirt and boxer shorts mumbling to himself while twiddling with a tie! It was purely comical and my mum and I couldn't stop laughing...hey, I asked and he didn't wanted any help, cause he CAN tie his own tie... it only took half an hour :-)
So, why was he dressing up the day before his flight? Because he has to go to the indonesian consulate. Why does he have to go there 24+ hours before take-off? Because he notices yesterday that his passport is only valid for another three months!!! Which means he needs a new one, now! Since he's a foreigner, he will also need to visit the aliens department(btw. alien is really the right word, isn't? Sounds weird to me, but the dictionary sais so) which is closed on wednesdays! He'll have to go there tomorrow morning before the flight!
This is so typical for both my parents! Reminds me of the time my mum and I flew to London and at the airport they noticed that her id had expired months ago...since it was EU, she could fly with a temporary id though.

But back to crafting. As I said in the last post, I've been spinning alot. I loved spinning this fiber and will surely get more of it(actually it has been added to the christmas wish list already). I decided to ply just a bit of it and keep the rest(a whole bobbin) single:

Knitwise, the sweater for my cousin will need some frogging. After searching my entire stash, here's what I came up with:

I absolutely hate the combo, so I'll go shop for some contrasting yarn. It's unbelievable, but there's just nothing in my stash that fits and is machine washable!
I already went to the store I brought the pink yarn from ages ago to see if they still had that yarn in other colors, but they don't stock it anymore. While I was browsing I saw some knitted kneesocks on display and well, brought sock yarn...

I'm knitting them toe-up to better adjust the width and length of it.

And here's a photo of my patchwork blanket before I sewed the stripes together, which I did over a week ago. At the moment it's resting in a box waiting for next month's money to arrive so I can buy the batting.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Yup, alien is the right word. :) There are the "aliens" from other countries, and then there are the aliens from other planets! WooooOOOOooooo!

10:58 PM, November 29, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that blanket!!! It looks great with the bright colors and the black together.

7:16 PM, November 30, 2006  
Blogger soapy said...

Thats beautiful!

5:31 PM, December 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Germany
Mail me
My Wist list!
30 things about me
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called knitlady. Make your own badge here.



Powered by Blogger