Monday, April 09, 2007

knitting projects

What can I say, I'm addicted to swaps! I swapped a lot the last two months, mostly just supplies and fabric. It will be hard not to swap much for the next two months untill I have payed the study fees!
Anyway, here are some of the crafted things I send:
1. a tube top that gladly fit the recipient. I really wasn't sure about that and had no one to try fit it on. But as you can see it looks great on her! I also send a yoyo brooch along.


2. a pair of leg warmers. After I knit these I thought for some time to make myself some cause I loved how they came out, but I never wear leg warmers. It would just be a waste of yarn and time making some for myself. Good thing there are swaps so I can atleast knit some for others!

she liked them too ;-)
3.I also dyed and send some roving+sock yarn. I really liked the white-blue one and think I will dye that way again. I guess it would result in a really light blue with darker blue when spun up.
4.+5. two Calorimetries. I love to knit them as they are fast and only take an evening to make plus you don't need much yarn so it's a good project for all of those single skeins in my stash.

And I decided to knit Scoop du Jour from the retrieved yarn. I even began knitting the back and am almost getting the gauge. In fact the back is just a few rows short of completion and the only thing that stopped me from finishing it yesterday was that my hands started to hurt, always a sign to stop knitting.
In sp news, I have a hard time coming up with ideas for the last package for my downstream pal. Fortunately I had brought yarn before I had to buy a new sewing machine, so she surely gets that, but what else to send? I already finished a little knit project too, but the package looks so empty. Will have to think about that a little more.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Germany
Mail me
My Wist list!
30 things about me
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called knitlady. Make your own badge here.



Powered by Blogger