Sunday, July 01, 2007

Argh! or my computer hates me!

Seriously, this is soooooooo frustrating. Ok, I know the incidents don't have much to do with my computer, but more with various programs, but it still sucks.
Yesterday I wanted to wite a java program and realized in order to use what I want to use I have to use a different java version. I checked, it was already on my computer and so I tried to use it with the IDE(Eclipse btw.). Didn't work!
Found out I needed a newer version of the IDE and downloaded+installed it and finally after an hour it worked.
Then totally unrelated to the above I changed my email password. And so also changed it in the email client I use(Incredimail).
Today when I wanted to send an email, it kept saying my password was wrong, though I entered multiple times the right one(I double and triple checked!). And then my whole IP adress was banned for 4 hours, actually it's still banned and I can't log into my mail account at all!!!
ARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
Never liked incredimail much anyway, so will search for a new client now...

3 Comments:

Blogger Atti said...

Computers ..... sometimes they are like little children - want to do what they want and not what we want ... ;-)
I can recommend Thunderbird - it's free and powerful and - well, it was my alternative programm when I "threw" incredimail away.

3:17 PM, July 01, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Second Atti's suggestion of Thunderbird - it stores your passwords for you (I'm assuming the other client does too) and it integrates nicely with Firefox.

3:22 PM, July 01, 2007  
Blogger Atti said...

Yes, and I forgot to post the link :-(
http://www.mozilla-europe.org/en/products/thunderbird/

3:32 PM, July 01, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Germany
Mail me
My Wist list!
30 things about me
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called knitlady. Make your own badge here.



Powered by Blogger