Saturday, April 01, 2006

Flash your Stash

Ok, after the last post I was all motivated to start taking pics of my stash. I thought, let's begin with an overview and then point out your favorits. Hmm, maybe arranging it by color would make nicer pics too; atleast make it easier to photoshop the pics since the weather is all grey with no sunlight...

(Click to see details)
After taking these two pics, I had the bright idea to organize my yarn differently into the boxes. I mean, since all the boxes and yarn is now here, it's the perfect time, right?
Wrong, oh soooooooooo wrong. Once I began sorting through all the yarn(by color and quantity etc.), more and more yarn landed on the "what-the-heck-was-I-thinking-pile".
At that time I should have just stopped, but I emptied the last boxes:

And got into a throw-away-the-junk-mood! I did not think about taking pics for flash your stash anymore, I seriously looked at my stash and sorted through it. The result after an hour? These don't belong to my stash anymore:

The two bags on the left contain odd balls, left-overs and disgusting "fancy" yarn(read metallic, slubby stuff). The next bag is some self-died wool yarn. Apart from the fact that I don't really like the color, it's much to rough to wear(I know that cause I knitted a sweater out of it, that I think I have already thrown away). In the box is pink mohair, that too is quite scratchy, but was a soooo cheap ebay buy(that probably was the reason why it was cheap!).
At first I just wanted to throw it all away, but now a day later I'm thinking about ebay. Anyway, if anyone of you wants something of it, you can mail me. I'll give it away for free except shipping costs.
Don't worry, my stash is still big/huge/large/humongous. There are also still "some" odd balls and left-overs of high quality yarn. You never know when you might need it, right? ;-)
Anyway, here are the few stash pics I took before I was too exhausted. I may take some more later today, maybe...



P.S.: After writing this post and looking at the pics, I realized there's more yarn missing than just the machine knitting yarn and the ones that I was too exhausted to take pics from...somewhere in this apartement is yarn hiding from me...

3 Comments:

Blogger sheep#100 said...

Cool, nice, pretty.

My Stash Flash

4:56 AM, April 02, 2006  
Blogger Ginger said...

hehe . . . sneeky yarn. thanks for the flash.

5:30 AM, April 02, 2006  
Blogger thomasina said...

That's the part of flash your stash I like best, taking stock of what's there (and what shouldn't be there!)

7:40 AM, April 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Germany
Mail me
My Wist list!
30 things about me
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called knitlady. Make your own badge here.



Powered by Blogger