Tuesday, April 11, 2006

It takes a lot of time!

I finished my first real cross stitch project. It's a little Hello Kitty(50stitches X 50 stitches chart) and it seemed to take for ever! Ok, maybe cause it's a new craft, it takes me longer than usual. Anyway, I think I'll use cross stitch as an inbetween craft, when I have no idea what to knit or sew;-)

Now, what to do with it? My mum suggested making a book mark out of it...maybe.
I heard of magic canvas and waste canvas and I think I want to try one of them next(if I find the material used here!).

Next is another first. My first knitted doily! It too seemed to take for ever untill I switched to the circulars. Those tiny Dpns are really annoying! Anyway, we don't have any starch, so it's still unblocked(plus it's purple, not blue...):


And another pair of socks for me! I can't seem to stop knitting them. It's so easy and you don't have to think much. In addition I swore not to buy more sock yarn untill I used the one I have now, no lame excuses like "but I don't have any cotton sock yarn"!

So when these left the needles I immediately cast on for the next, this time with a lace pattern. I'll probably post the pattern when I'm finished. It's quite basic, but during an extensive internet search, I found that most free patterns would be too big for my feet and the pattern repeats were too big to adjust. The yarn I'm using is dyed with easter egg dye, only I mistook the red for the purple and got grey :-(
But I like the look it gives the sock now. The yarn is also a lot softer than any other sock yarn I knitted with before. If only I could remember where I brought it from??? That's another mystery, cause I dyed two hanks of what I belive is sock yarn. To my knowledge(and I'm pretty sure about it!) I only brought two hanks of undyed sock yarn last year and had already dyed one hank and gave it away(also last year) ...

Ok, I admit it I brought more yarn, but with a purpose! Remember the silk I got from my SP purlpower? I brought more silk in a matching color to knit me a light sweater! I'm going to design this sweater myself, but since I'm not 100% sure what it should look like and silk is not that forgiving, I'm going to knit a "test sweater". I know that since I'm using cotton for it I can't compare it 1:1, but I can see if I like the general shape etc.


And believe it or not, I managed to send the last package to my Wollprinzessin on friday! She also received it yesterday: http://www.myblog.de/sooza
It was really fun to go shopping for you :-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Dropstitchknitter said...

the socks look lovely!

I just wanted to thank you for the thoughtful words - my son is home now, with pneumonia, but at least we know what it is now. Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting!

11:08 PM, April 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Germany
Mail me
My Wist list!
30 things about me
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called knitlady. Make your own badge here.



Powered by Blogger