Sunday, August 13, 2006

And the stress level keeps rising

I've got so much to do and really too little time! There's all the paper work for my financial aid, which is even more than last time. And three more exams to pass, the first 13. September! Then the prof for the third exam hasn't replied to me yet wether or not he will offer exams in september/october. Of course there's another prof where I could do the exam, but he's known for going really into depth about topics and I'm not sure I could manage that(actually I'm almost 100% sure I couldn't).

Then there's my mum's birthday coming up at the end of august and I still haven't began making her gift. I'm not going to knit a doily, maybe for christmas, but what else should I make?
Edit: How could I have forgotten?! I already had a back-up plan for her birthday! My mum is notorious for beginning projects, but not finishing them, which explains why untill last fall she has never completed a knitted sweater(think I motivated her a bit). So, she started this crocheted granny square blanket almost exactly a year ago. First it only consisted of the multi-colored yarn we got on super sale, but it was not enough for a whole blanket. She kept buying additional yarn, but my mum beeing my mum only brought from the euro bin at our LYS...you see where that leads, right? Well, I decided to finish the blanket and sew the squares together. It's not quite blanket sizes, but maybe lap blanket size. But how should the colors be arranged? I've tried three different ways and there's enough yarn left from the multi-colored yarn to make maybe 3-5 more squares. Which one do you like best? There isn't really enough for the third version though...


I also made her these potholders:

Anyway, here is my first quilting project, a pillow case when it's finished!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Becka said...

Oh, I LOVE your pillow case...WTG!!!
I will be praying that all goes well with school.
I like the 2nd option, with the different solid color squares in the same line with the multi...what a great daughter you are, your Mum is going to love that you have finished it for her!
Thanks for your kind commments about the latest washcloth design. As for the yarn, I think that any cotton yarn will do fine. I have knit some cloths with cotton/acrylic blends, too, but have found that they are not nearly as absorbent. IMO 100% cotton yarn works best. I also use Blue Sky cotton yarn, that's the yarn I use for the Flower Power washcloths. And, yes, I do use them for washcloths..love, love! The blue sky cotton is nice and soft for the face.
Oh yeah, you asked for quick ideas for your Mum..everyone in my family has asked that I make washcloths for them, so, my sil, sister, several others are all getting a few cloths with a nice soap to go along with it...this may be another quick idea for your Mum, too!
Hey..don't forget to remind Dad about Mum's bday!

11:15 PM, August 16, 2006  
Blogger Becka said...

LOL...wow, that was a long comment!

11:15 PM, August 16, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the pillow. What a good job you've done on it.

As for the blanket. I like the second option.

4:09 PM, August 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Germany
Mail me
My Wist list!
30 things about me
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called knitlady. Make your own badge here.



Powered by Blogger