Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Crafty day

Yesterday, day four of MLUAAGOV[mum leaves us alone and goes on vacation], I decided I had done enough of housework and forwarded some of it to my brother(who in the end just dried the dishes, my dad did the other stuff and almost messed up my linen pants...). Instead I crafted almost all day, starting with washing the fabric I had brought on saturday. Yes, I said I wouldn't buy anymore fabric, but I wanted to sew a bunch of pillow cases and to my surprise I didn't had much uni-colored cotton fabric left! I only had scraps, that might have worked if I did patchwork.
The result are the following three pillow cases. I already had the colored fabric, so I did destash a bit(if you ignore the 3m uni fabric...). While searching for the flowery fabric I found enough fabric to sew atleast 40 more pillow cases! Darn, when did my fabric stash went so out of control?

Since I had to wait for the fabric to dry, I had time to dye some yarn. I dyed it with easter egg dye and I love the result!

After putting the yarn in the oven, the fabric still drying, I had time to complete the fourth clue on the mystery shawl and knit something for a swap. The evening was spend watching tv and finishing one sock for my mum. I think I started it 3-4 weeks ago, but never had the time to knit it.
After that I thought it's about time to start my mum's birthday present, a lace doily out of 80%silk, 20%rayon...three tries and I never made it further than the second round, which is *YO,K1*. I kept losing either a needle or a stitch or both, so I called it a day and put the knitting away. I'm determined to knit my mum a doily out of this yarn....maybe next week ;-)

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger soapy said...

Great dyed skeins! Neat pillows too!

6:49 PM, August 01, 2006  
Blogger Becka said...

Nice crafting!! I LOVE the pillows! And the yarn is very yummy...WTG!

8:49 PM, August 01, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! I don't know if you are up to something simple easy for cooking but you can try the crockpot/slowcooker thing. You can sign up for the slowcooker group on Yahoo. They can email you daily recipes & everyone there is very nice, even to the novices. Plus you can experiment and not heat the entire house up.

Nice work too by the way. I wish I had more time to dabble.

Have a great day!

Kim in WI

4:50 PM, August 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Germany
Mail me
My Wist list!
30 things about me
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called knitlady. Make your own badge here.



Powered by Blogger