Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Too impatient

Of course I couldn't wait another week for the mat to arrive at my local store and took a trip to town(hey, it were only 45minutes including having to change three times!) today and brought a set at another shop. Very nice lady there and the set only cost 58€ instead of 64.40€! The difference is approx. what the replacement blade costs that I would have gotten for free at the other store. I'm sooooo not going to pay my local shop a visit soon...yes, I'm a bit embarrassed at my own impatience...
I cut out some pieces with my new toys and it's a bit harder than I thought, but that can also be because I had to lay the mat on the floor in my tiny room. Should be easier when I can use the living room table and go around it instead of having to move the fabric multiple times. I pieced(is that the right word to use?) the pieces together and created my first patch/block/???. I know it looks a bit wonky now, but as the living room is occupied at the moment I can't iron it.

I think the most fun about patchwork/quilting will be chosing the colors and pattern. I've already got quite a bunch of ideas, but will write them down for later(no more fabric buys remember?). Maybe some pillows now and a little quilt for my cousin. Would be a great christmas gift, don't you think? And I think I have enough girly fabrics for that!



Not much knitwise, mostly worked on the secret project. It takes a lot longer than I thought it would take and am getting a bit anxious about finishing it in time.
Oh and I brought sock yarn...to my defense it was on sale...darn, this will never work!

Btw. about cooking. Believe it or not, but I looked into cooking courses! But the only once near me are offered by the church and I'm not 100% comfortable going there...they actually say that every one is more than welcomed, but I just can't imagine taking a course there.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Becka said...

Seeing your quilting supplies brought back wonderful memories of my mom quilting...thank you.

5:20 PM, August 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Germany
Mail me
My Wist list!
30 things about me
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called knitlady. Make your own badge here.



Powered by Blogger