Friday, August 18, 2006

Mystery revealed

Yes, I finished knitting the Mystery Stole 2! The edging took much longer than I thought it would, but wasn't hard at all. I didn't use a marker to mark where the edging ended and the stole began, cause you have to move the marker every time you reach it. Instead I continously counted the stitches!
I haven't blocked it yet, I have to clean up my room first. I think I'll try string blocking it.

And here's my first try at sewing together the granny squares of my mum's blanket. See somthing wrong?

Maybe a close-up will help you?

Yes, the brown square has more stitches than the multi-colored one! Should have known that...
It's actually only a difference of four stitches as it's just one additional round , but it makes sewing the squares together a bit more complicated.

I also almost finished my very first knitted washcloth! It's the yarngirl pattern from Rebecca, check out her other patterns too!
Unfortunately though the yarn I found has the same gauge and yardage/weight ratio, it comes in 50g balls, not 70g. I hadn't read that before and so I'm short of a few meters for the last rows.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger mf said...

the stole looks gorgoeus! On the granny sqaures it's easier to knit or crochet a few rows around each then together iwth a contrasting yarn so this wont' be a problem and it'll make it a little larger too

1:38 AM, August 19, 2006  
Blogger Whimsical Knitting said...

OMGoodness, that stole is GORGEOUS!!!! Absolutely stunning!!! I can't wait to see it after blocking.
OH, I am so honored that you chose to do one of my patterns. I'm so sorry about the yarn shortage! Nonetheless, I'm thrilled that you chose YARN GIRL!!!! I feel so special :)

6:23 PM, August 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Germany
Mail me
My Wist list!
30 things about me
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called knitlady. Make your own badge here.



Powered by Blogger