Friday, September 01, 2006

inbetween knitting + shopping

I can't learn 24/7, since when I take a break, it's sort of a good idea not to spend more time on the computer, I knitted inbetween learning!
I finished the second pair for my cousin and started a pair of socks for myself too.

I began knitting a simple sweater out of the Shine sport, nothing fancy, but with a deeper v-neck.

I also sewed a needle case for my DPN's and though I had no real idea what I was doing and didn't do any kind of math beforehand, it came out ok!

And now to the shopping part. I drove to the "Stoffmarkt Holland"(=fabric market) today and apart from a 30 minutes odyssee-one road was closed and I had no idea where the hell I was-I found the way quite fast. In the ads they said that around 140 booths would be there which I can't verify, but it was big and kind of overwhelming nonetheless! I wandered around once without buying anything to get a good overview of the fabric selection and then very well considered every purchase in my next two turns around the market ;-)
After an hour, I decided against a fourth round and drove home. I'm quite proud of myself and my self-control as I did NOT spend all the money I had!
Here's what I brought:

top:
-pink-purple quilting fabric; 2+m for 4€
-blue-mudcolored corduroy; 1,5m for 5€
-flowered brown corduroy; 1,5m for 5€
-fake leather in fawn; 1m for 2€
bottom
-blue quilting fabric; 1+m for 2€
-blue jersey; 3m for 9€
-purple fake leather; 1m for 2€
There are also two different ribbons. The smaller one is for bag in combination with the purple fake leather and I want to make a belt out of the bigger ribbon.
Here's a close up of the ribbon:

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger soapy said...

Great needle case and fabrics... Must be a great feeling to have them organized thats for sure...;o)

1:24 PM, September 04, 2006  
Blogger Becka said...

That ribbon is gorgeous!!! I am loving all of the fabric, too. And, love, love your knitting, too! And, the needle roll, you are very talented, and FAST!

4:44 PM, September 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Germany
Mail me
My Wist list!
30 things about me
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called knitlady. Make your own badge here.



Powered by Blogger