Monday, September 04, 2006

less learning, more knitting/sewing

Yes, I had a major I-can't-learn-any-more-and-I-don't-want-to-anyway-moment this weekend. I just couldn't bring myself to learn even a tiny bit, so I didn't. I have this theory that if someone is forced to learn though he doesn't want to, he won't remember a thing of it. Atleast that's the way I feel, but don't worry, the weekend is over and so is this irrational behaviour ;-)

Instead I knitted and sewed a bit. The front of the purple sweater is finished and I casted on for the back. I also finished this pair of socks for me. Somehow they remind me of a melon salad!

As you can see I got bored of simple stockinette socks. I wish I had the patience at the moment for (lace-)patterned socks, but that will have to wait(I love the snowflake socks in the newest magknits!).
And then I sewed two simple shopping bags for me. I have a lot of cotton fabric(including old curtains like the flower one you can see below) that has been laying around for ages. Sometimes it's only left-overs from past projects. These easy bags are perfect for these fabrics and they are much better(+ less embarassing) then my mum's eco-friendly ones(these light beige ones mostly with green prints to underline just how eco-friendly they are...).

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Becka said...

I agree with you 100%, if your head isn't in it, you are not going to learn anything! Your mind needs a break now and then!
I love those socks, LOL, remind me of melon salad, too, since you mentioned it, my fave fruits!
Love those bags, too! You are a busy girl.

4:42 PM, September 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Germany
Mail me
My Wist list!
30 things about me
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called knitlady. Make your own badge here.



Powered by Blogger