Monday, April 16, 2007

half-empty girl

You might have wondered how I managed to spend so much at the fabric market when just a little while ago I whined about having to save money for the study fees after using that money for the new and still nameless sewing machine. Well I went to the bank on late friday and found out I still had much money left! For the next two hours I tried figuring out if that could be right or if there was something I still needed to pay or if my card will be charged later.
Oh no, it really was true! Granted I got 30€ more from work than I had tought I would get, but still there was more left than what I had calculated with. Which shows two things:

1. I always think the glass is half-empty
2. I brought a whole lot of "useless" stuff in the months before. And we are not talking about yarn puchases here, they were rather slim and calculable, but magazines, candy and things I now can't remember buying!

With these came the realization of what I could have done had I just saved that money-buying a new machine earlier, travels etc.
Anyway with the extra money I decided to tackle a project I've been thinking a lot about for the past months but then always ended up thinking I didn't have enough money to do that or that there were more important things to spend it on. The big project is organizing my room better! I know, it sounds lame, but it is seriously frustrating if you have to search all over the place to get all the material for let's say a purse. Therefore I visited some cheap furnitur stores today and found this shelf that fits perfectly into my closet and it only took half an hour and little swearing to put it together!

You can see some of my cotton fabric stash already neatly folded in there. I aim on filling the upper section with all of my printed cotton fabric.
Will go back to folding now!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Becka said...

I love organization!!!! ....after it's done. So....WTG!!!

6:52 PM, April 18, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Germany
Mail me
My Wist list!
30 things about me
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called knitlady. Make your own badge here.



Powered by Blogger