Monday, November 14, 2005

Back to knitting

My new project is a big, cozy sweater that I can wear at home in the evening/morning when I'm feeling cold. I'm making up my own pattern with the help of my refound copy of "Sweater Design in Plain english". It will have a cable in the middle of the front and similare, but smaller cables on the sleeves. I haven't decided yet if I want a round or a v-neck.

Here you can see the beginning of the front. The cable makes it an interesting knit. But I can still watch tv while knitting since only every 4th row is a cable row.
I hope I have enough yarn(14+1ball) cause there's noway of getting more of it.


This is my new coat! I love it and have worn it yesterday for the first time. Only problem is that I don't have a scarf that goes well with it...
See, I had to go buy new yarn. These two are sockyarn, but they will become a scarf ;-) In real life they fit much better to the coat and the beige yarn is beige(not white). They even were on sale for 4,95€ and 4,25€.

And this is last weekend's fleamarket find: a brandnew bag for 2€! Nevermind the lady that was faster than me and brought 1kg 100%wool yarn for 5€...darn, told my mum to go earlier. She, the earliest early bird in history, slept a bit longer than usual and I hadn't switched on my alarm clock. She had a good excuse though, she watched boxing on saturday and stayed up untill midnight. I missed the fight...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so brill at finding things at Flea Markets! Well done yet again. I would love to go shopping with you one day!
Is there anything you would particularly like from the UK in your final SP package or do you just want surprises? LOL Your KnittySP5 xxx

7:46 PM, November 15, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Germany
Mail me
My Wist list!
30 things about me
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called knitlady. Make your own badge here.



Powered by Blogger