Thursday, January 12, 2006

Wahh, worst addiction ever!

Of course I'm talking about my yarn addiction(though second place would be coffee). I swear I didn't wanted to buy anymore yarn, but....
well, it truly is an addiction. But these were great bargains nobody could have passed!

Yes, I'm feeling slightly guilty and I must admit that there's missing one black ball of Kidsilk Haze *blushing* The socks I began knitting are for my mum though and she also paid for that sock yarn herself. The white yarn is Schachenmayr "Mohair" and it was half-price! It knits up on 6mm needles and I thought about knitting a lace sweater-tank thing(see, I even have a project in mind!). The photo on the buttom shows 100 embroidery floss I brought on Ebay. Starting a new hobby can be expensive...

But I also finished knitting my second Klaralund! It has neither been washed nor blocked, so you will only get a pic of the sweater without me. The sleeves are a bit tighter than intended, but I hope I can block them to the right width.

At the moment on the needles is also The Somewhat Cowl, that I began knitting before christmas but had to put aside for the panic-knitting. It grows very slowly cause I can't knit more than 3-5 rows on it untill my wrists start to hurt. The yarn is quite slippery which results in exhausting hand motions.

And finally my computer chair crashed last thursday. Yes, I sat on it and when I stretched the back fell off it! It was bound to happen sooner or later since some screws had detached themselve for a year or so. Of course I stopped making homework and drove to IKEA ;-)
Apart from a new chair and a plastic box(where now monitor stands on) I brought some fabric that was on sale for 2,99€/m. Then instead of returning to my homework, I sewed these curtains. The fabric is more dark red/brownish in reality only showing green when light shines on it. It fabulously darkens my room, which is good since last summer my sunblind detached itself from my window(luckily I wasn't sitting near it then!).

P.S.: Yes, I managed to finish homework nevertheless.
P.P.S.:listening to deltaradio
P.P.P.S.:I have a job now! I'm tutoring kids at a privat tutoring institute(funny, there seems to be no word for "Nachhilfe" in english). I'm only working when one of the other tutors can't work.

1 Comments:

Blogger PURLPOWER said...

Nacchife? What does it mean and I'll see if I can come up with an English equivalent for you!

7:14 PM, January 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Germany
Mail me
My Wist list!
30 things about me
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called knitlady. Make your own badge here.



Powered by Blogger