Monday, December 18, 2006

christmas presents

Untill 5minutes ago the sun was shining and I actually had time to take photos of some of the christmas presents I made lately. The only missing things are the sweaters for my cousins*. My mum must have put them away after I washed them and I can't find them now, but I'll take a photo of them before they get gifted.

These are some easy-peasy fleece scarves for my aunt, her husband and kids. They were so easy and fast to make, it took way longer to find the fleece fabric up in the attic(which is still not cleaned up as my mum prefered to go partying all weekend...)

And here are my mum's gifts. You might remember the silk yarn I brought in summer? I was determined to knit her a doily for her birthday, but I never came past the first two rows..it was just too fiddly and the silk didn't help at all. For some time I thought about starting another try for christmas, but I had way too much to do for university, so I ended up buying cotton yarn and crocheting this doily with a 1.5mm hook! It's not been blocked yet and probably will be gifted unblocked as I won't be alone at home to do so. Oh, and this doily only took me a weekend to finish!

In addition she will also get these socks out of 6ply sock yarn to be worn on cold days at home.


*also missing are the felted coasters for my aunt...wish I would remember where I put them...

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger tantichantique said...

Lovely, lovely knitting works you have done! I am sure those lucky people will appreciate them so much!
Btw, I found some information abt where to go shopping for yarns with reasonable price here, finally!

8:03 AM, December 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Germany
Mail me
My Wist list!
30 things about me
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called knitlady. Make your own badge here.



Powered by Blogger