Thursday, December 28, 2006

inbetween post

I have the post about christmas and gifts and projects already written, but it lacks the photos. I've got no time though to take those, because I will begin tidying up the attic alone. If I wait for my mum it will probably take till next year for her to find the time to do it and I need space up there to put some of my stuff in. My room looks horrible with sewing machine, boxes of yarn and spinning wheel, I just need more space!

Oh and it snowed softly this morning when I woke up! By the time I left the house to pick up a package for my mum it was icy rain though...

Has anybody ever had a flaker during a swap? My total is up to three now. I did get angels for two of them and they made up for it, but it does suck. I often wonder what kind of greedy, selfish, **** people do that. A totally different story is if somebody faces difficulties in his/her life so that he/she can't participate in the swap anymore. I had that too and she did even notify me and said she would send once she's well enough again...I didn't ever heard back from her and actually worried a great deal; not about not geting the package, but about her...I know found out that she's still alive and presumely well...

P.S.: you might have guessed that I'm not in the best of moods today, probably going to delete this post later when my mood is better...

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I know how you feel. I had very good luck until recently when I had an especially evil flakey pal. :(

5:49 PM, December 28, 2006  
Blogger PURLPOWER said...

I don't think you should delete your post because I think it's important to let readers know that bad swaps can happen. I've also unfortunately encountered this kind of behaviour and so have a couple of my knitting friends. I hope you have better luck with future pals.

11:11 AM, December 29, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Germany
Mail me
My Wist list!
30 things about me
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called knitlady. Make your own badge here.



Powered by Blogger