Saturday, May 05, 2007

No socks, but many other things

I'm finally in a sock knitting mode again(plain socks though, no time for patterned socks), but I don't have any cotton sock yarn in my stash! Ok, I got one uni colored skein and two from Knitpicks, but that is not what I want to use. I might be able to buy one skein at the LYS which is having a sale sort of(not sure if there's cotton on sale too), but I already spend my craft budget for this month on beads, buttons, interfacing(which cost more than I expected as they changed the width of it) and stuffing(for Amigurumis, more on that when the first one is finished! just scroll down).
So with no suitable yarn I had enough time to make some more items for the craftster swap.
First this crocheted headband. I made the pattern up myself and will write it up when I get the time. It's pretty simple and should be light enough to wear in summer.

Then I made this needle roll. This roll is for straight needles.

And here's my first real Amigurumi for which I needed the stuffing. The pattern can be found here on craftster. It's not finished yet, it needs a mouth I think. Also I don't really like the button eyes, but I forgot to order stuffie eyes with the stuffing and eyes are too expensive at my local craft store. There's a reason I ordered the stuffing online, it costs three times at the local shop!

I already began crocheting my second amigurumi, but I'm using thinner yarn and am sort of making up my own pattern. Some time ago I brought a german book at a fleamarket for crocheted animals and the first few pages of instructions are just for different body parts, like one page for different heads, one for arms etc. I really like this book cause it makes it pretty easy to make your own crocheted animals starting from those plain body parts. The actual patterns though are much too complex for me, they add a lot of accesoirs to their creatures, fun to look at, but it would take ages to complete one.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Di said...

I like your octopus! The needle roll is also great - the one you sent me for my DPNs is being used and much admired!!

11:45 PM, May 07, 2007  
Blogger Di said...

Me again!! I just wanted to let you know that I tagged you for the "7 random facts" tag over on my blog - only if you want to take part of course!!

11:12 PM, May 11, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Germany
Mail me
My Wist list!
30 things about me
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called knitlady. Make your own badge here.



Powered by Blogger